Wednesday, November 9, 2016

I had a blog post ready to go when HRC won. Unfortunately, hate won. I've been staring at my computer screen, scrolling facebook, reading articles for inspiration, something to say. Literally trying to come up with anything to say for the last 6 1/2 hours, and nothing.
Nothing prolific, or artsy, or challenging, or encouraging at least.
I am at a loss for any words with meaning or substance at this point. For the first few hours, I was shocked. I kept checking the websites to see if there was some mistake. Then I went numb.
Now I am so incredibly sad. confused. heartbroken. TERRIFIED.
It is beyond my comprehension that the America I love elected a homophobic, racists, sex offender, who doesn't believe in climate change, intends to deport thousands of illegal immigrants, and ban all Muslims from entering our country to be the next President of the United States? Hell, I thought for most people him saying, "grab em by the pussy" would have been enough to write him off as presidential material.
I truly believe that life as we know it is over.
Maybe later today or tomorrow or next week, I'll have more prolific words to write, and more thoughts to add - in fact, I know i will.
But right now, pulse racing, tears streaming down my face, lump in my throat that I've felt only before when learning of a loved once death - that lump that chokes you and steals your oxygen, and sure as hell going to vomit soon, I only have this to say:
WTF AMERICA?



LOVE is the Answer…Doesn’t matter the Question.

No comments:

Post a Comment